The original SickSpeedMonte Clutch Pedal Kit. This setup is unlike anything else available on the market. The other pedals mount the clutch master cylinder on your firewall. Simply put, the stock G-Body firewall is not designed to locate or support a clutch master cylinder. It ends up in the wrong spot, compromising the geometry of the system. Many who have mounted the master directly to the firewall have also reported stress cracks as well. My design relocates the master cylinder to optimize the kinematics of the linkage. It also supports it from the same area that your brake master cylinder is supported while spreading out the force and reducing stress on the firewall to an acceptable level.
Sure, you can buy a clutch pedal for cheaper elsewhere. But the pedal will take twice as much peak force to depress and closer to three times as much force to hold all of the way down. My setup has to cost more because I provide a bracket to correctly locate the master cylinder (which actually costs more and takes longer to fabricate than the pedal itself). I want your clutch pedal to be something you don’t have to think about, not something that detracts from enjoying the car.
- Clutch Pedal. (Re-use your stock brake pedal. Simply cut down the foot pad.)
- Master Cylinder Mounting Bracket. This bracket mounts the clutch master cylinder so that the pedal geometry is uncompromised. It supports factory style LT1 or LS1 F-body master cylinders, which are sold separately. The newer style McLeod master cylinder (made by Wilwood) is longer than stock and cannot be used without modification to the plumbing or the factory upper control arm. If you would like to use an aftermarket master cylinder, please see the other clutch pedal kit
- Both of the above items powder coated satin black.
- A pair of rubber pedal pads
- A pushrod boot to keep hot engine bay air from entering the cabin
- One pair of pedal pivot bushings with a pinch sleeve. The clutch pedal pivots exactly like your stock brake pedal. Replacements can be found at any parts store.
- Grade 8 hardware to mount clutch pedal and brake pedal on the existing brake pedal bracket, to mount the pushrod to the pedal, and to mount the clutch master cylinder to the bracket.
- Install instructions and information on placement of a hole to allow the pushrod to pass through the firewall can be found here.
What Else is Needed?
To complete the install, you will need an F-body master cylinder, a remote reservoir, and a clutch hydraulic line.
For any questions, you can contact me via email at bduplan [at] gmail.com